Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Slippery Slope

Today's run went soooo much better than yesterday's. To top it off, I got my shiny new Galaxy S4 yesterday so I was super excited to run with it (and my new arm band!)
So, I got the the gym and did my usual 5 minute warm up walk and then stretching. So I loaded up the the phone in the arm band and strapped her on. Started running, after one song there wasn't any more music. So I'm trying to get this thing to play some friggen music so I don't have a repeat of yesterday and almost duffed it right off the end of the treadmil!!  It's going to happen one day, its just a matter of time. So anyways I stopped the treadmil after 3/4 of a mile so that I could fix the stupid thing, and finally I got it working. Started back up again and finished out 3.25 for a total of 4 miles. I didn't realize it till the last mile and a half that the incline was on 0%. God!! I always do that. Whenever my runs feel easier than normal,  I should just assume that I forgot to set the incline to 1%. But I survived so that's always positive  :)
Here's my confession of the day...I've been eating terribly lately. I know I've mentioned it before, but it's starting to get out of control. If I don't stop it now, I know it will get so much worse. Its awful because everytime I gain a pound or two I feel like I'm going to gain everything back!! (And this time I've gained 6) I know that most of it is water weight from sodium and all of the crap. But it makes you feel awful! Why does it always seem like such a good idea when you're eating a huge ass ice cream, but then later on you hate yourself for it? Last night I ate the biggest ice cream I've ever eaten in my entire life!! And that was after I did some damage at Five Guys!! To be fair, I did share my fries with a friend, and I got a little cheeseburger instead of the double...but it had to still have been close to 900 calories. Those things are LOADED with fat. But they are my reason for living so freaking good!!!
So as of today I'm going to try really really hard not to eat anything horrible for a few days. I really need to take this extra weight off and a couple more pounds within the next 2 and a half weeks before I go to Ohio to see Dustin's mom and stepdad. I know it's stupid and super vain...but his family is basically beautiful and I want to show them how hard I've been working. I know I'll regret admitting that later... But its true. Sue me I'm human.
Alright it's time to get some work done, maybe I'll do an official review of my arm band after I get a little more used to it so I can give it a fair chance ;)
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
~Beverly

No comments: