Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Terrible 2's

I didn't start the day thinking that I was going to run 2 miles instead of my scheduled 4. But guess what happened...
With my relationship with running, it seems that it's always the littlest things that cause the most distruption to my routine. Today it started with the fact that I couldn't charge my phone last night, so I didn't have any music to listen to while I was running. I knew it would be rough. I knew I would feel like I was dying after a mile. But I will be very honest when I say that I had no idea that I would have to struggle crawl to get to the 2 mile mark. I also didn't wear my arm band (no phone means no Nike+ app therefore no reason to wear my arm band to monitor and record my pace/distance).
In the beginning I thought I was going to HATE wearing my armband for every run. But I've grown to like having it there on my arm. Weird. 
The fact that I felt like I was running through soup this morning didn't help things either. It's been soooo humid with all of the rain/flooding/heat going on, it makes running pretty rough. And I did this run inside, so I can't even imagine how bad it would have been outside!
The last teeny tiny thing that may have definitely contributed to my terrible run this morning was how god awful I've been eating the last few days. I'm telling you if it isn't nailed down, I've been eating it. Which is not helping the whole "I want to lose 10 more pounds before the half marathon in September" goal that I've had.

So I'm declaring today A NEW START!!!

I'm giving myself 35 points a day to spread out for the next 10 days (until my next weigh in at weight watchers). I know its more than what I would normally get in a day, which is 31. BUT! I'm trying to take some preventative measures here and keep myself from bingeing. So when the "new week" starts on Friday, I'm not going to use my extra PP because I've already divided them out between the 10 days. After this time is up I'll see if I can be trusted to handle the extra 49 on my own without bingeing.

Wish me luck, and hopfully tomorrow's 4 miler will go much better than today's did :) Oh...also, I'll probably be messing with this thing and the look of it quite a bit because I have no idea what I'm doing...sorry if that's annoying.
~Beverly

No comments: